The broad definition of cost accounting and nature of cost is the process of identifying, summarizing, and interpreting information needed for:
Planning and Control
Note that product costing is number 3, since in most companies, the more important activities relate to planning and control and special decisions rather than to the more mechanical aspects of accumulating and computing product costs.
Nature of cost accounting focused to manufacturing
In a car auto spares , it is important to find the cost of this part of car truly to make this factory profitable
The various activities (Nature) of a cost department under the broad definition cover a wide range of responsibilities:
- Preparing data required in planning and controlling operations.
- Preparing data in connection with day-to-day decisions or special projects that require a choice among alternative courses of action.
- Participating in the creation and execution of budgets.
- Establishing procedures to improve operations and reduce costs.
- Developing cost Systems and analyses to improve cost determination and review of variances
- Cost recording and reporting of costs by product or department.
The above tasks could be done by hand or accounting software. There are many accounting software for cost accounting, but one of the famous accounting software that be used in the most countries is Peachtree accounting. You can determine cost of producing an item with some simple steps in this software.
Next Pages of cost accounting
Trackbacks and pingbacks
No trackback or pingback available for this article.