Accounting is not only theory, it includes practice too, however you should doing real practice in some financial departments and learn from professional accountants how to enter and record invoices and payments in journal books to understand accounting deeply.
At the first of all, doing practice Double-Entry bookkeeping is the heart of accounting learning to be a talent accountant.
You can do it on paper or by computers but as you know nowadays, most companies use PC or Mac computers to doing their financial accounting so we recommend you to start this practice by accounting software.
There are many accounting software available on sites to download for this purpose but some of them have hidden charges or are limited to a maximum quantity of vouchers after this limitation you should pay to get full version.
Here, we suggest you iGreen accounting software for Double-Entry practice. This software are really free without any limitation or hidden charges .
Start of Practice Double-Entry Bookkeeping
1. Download iGreen accounting software
2. Install it on your PC or laptop (note : this accounting software only will be installed on windows operating systems )
3. Create the first company in iGreen accounting ( help of how to create company in iGreen)
4. Please, in iGreen home screen click on chart of accounts to add your ledger accounts
( about types of accounts ) (how to add accounts in iGreen )
5. Run Journal entry form from home screen of iGreen accounting
Journal Entry form in iGreen Accounting